BESTOW NOURISHING FACIAL OIL
Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil is Janine Tait’s personally selected blend of 12 powerful botanical oils that will nourish, strengthen and protect your skin. Bursting with EFA’s, vitamins and antioxidants, this topical facial oil is a rich booster to add into any skin care regime.
WHO IS IT SUITABLE FOR?
Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil is suitable for most skin types including very sensitive skin. While heavy in consistency, the formulation is non-comedogenic, which means that it won’t block pores or cause pimples. With its nourishing lipids it is particularly beneficial for dry skin and has proved helpful for treating rosacea and dry skin conditions.
THE STORY BEHIND THE PRODUCT
Many years ago, when I was a newly qualified therapist I found a book about the therapeutic benefits of plant oils. Despite the fact that I lost it when I moved flats, that book sparked my life-long fascination with these incredible oils. They are beautifully rich in the phytonutrients, vitamins, and minerals that are essential for healthy, glowing skin.
Each oil has its own unique powers and properties. Each one offers its own particular nourishing gift to the skin. Over the years I compiled a list of oils that I was particularly interested in and used them on my own skin. I loved the results.
When people began asking me if they could put ‘Bestow Beauty Oil’ on their face, it got me thinking. The answer, by the way, is most definitely no. Bestow Beauty Oil is a beautiful oil for nourishing the skin from within but the formulation is too heavy to be used topically for any length of time.
Still, the seed had been sown. Why not formulate a concentrated facial oil blend that could nourish the skin topically? I dusted off my ‘honours roll’ of the therapeutic oils I had tried over the years and created a special blend of my 12 favourite oils.
My two personal favourites out of the collection are jojoba oil, which is the closest oil in nature to our skins natural oil and borage oil which repairs the skin barrier faster than anything else I know.
I have wanted to use borage oil for years, but have avoided it because it has a slightly strange fragrance. In Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil we have achieved the perfect blend and I can’t detect the smell at all.
It gives me great pleasure to share Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil with you. I hope you enjoy using it as much as I have enjoyed making it.
12 BOTANICAL OILS - MEET THE CHOSEN ONES
The 12 botanical oils I chose for the Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil contain phospholipids and glycolipids, natural constituents of beautiful skin and good water-binding agents, which enhance optimal barrier function.
Individually, each oil has been chosen for a specific reason. Together these oils form a powerful blend that support skin barrier function, moisture levels and supply many vital nutrients that are needed topically.
- Argan Oil is touted as ‘liquid gold’ due to its ability to moisturise lack-luster skin. It is high in EFA’s and vitamin E, two key players in helping the skin stay hydrated and preventing further moisture loss.
- Jojoba Oil is compositionally the closest oil to our own natural sebum and therefore helps strengthen the skin’s protective function. Fun fact: jojoba oil is technically a wax.
- Avocado Oil is full of vitamins and anti-oxidants, all of which are essential for beautiful skin.
- Borage Oil is nature’s richest source of gamma linolenic acid, a secondary essential fatty acid, which helps repair the skin barrier faster than any other essential fatty acid. It decreases water loss, helping the skin stay hydrated and flexible. It is rich in vitamins and minerals as well as two important polyphenols; ferulic acid, which is a very effective anti-oxidant that can repair sun and weather induced skin damage and ellagic acid, which reduces collagen destruction.
- Calendula Oil speeds healing, reduces inflammation and improves epidermal differentiation.
- Rosehip Oil contains tretinoin, a vitamin A derivative that delays the effects of skin aging, assists with cell regeneration and promotes the increase of collagen and elastin levels.
- Tamanu Seed Oil has anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory and skin healing properties. It is a most unusual oil because of its ability to penetrate deeply into the skin.
- Vitamin E Oil is an important antioxidant that protects the more delicate oils in the collection from oxidation.
- Grapeseed Oil also helps prevent oxidation of the blend but in addition it contributes to skin repair and regeneration.
- French Lavender Essential Oil has strong skin soothing and healing properties and assists in cooling and calming inflamed skin.
- Sandalwood Essential Oil is beneficial for many skin types from dry, dehydrated skins to oily skins and acne.
- Rose Geranium Essential Oil is wonderful for balancing the oil production of the skin making it valuable for treating oily or dry skin and everything in between!
Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil + Soaking Cloth
Our introductory pack gives you everything you need to establish a beautifully nourishing ritual into your regular skincare regime. Soaking your skin before applying the facial oil will dramatically improve the hydration and health of your skin and will ensure your skin is able to truly soak up all the nourishing goodness on offer.
BESTOW SKIN NOURISHING RITUAL
A RELAXING RITUAL TO NOURISH YOUR SKIN AND YOUR SOUL
THE RITUAL: Take time for you. Partially fill your hand basin with warm water. Immerse your Bestow Soaking Cloth, wring out excess water and press damp cloth to your face while taking five slow, deep breaths. Repeat this step to ensure your skin is fully hydrated. Apply any toners, mists or serums that you desire. Lock in all that precious moisture by using the tips of your fingers to gently massage 1-2 drops of Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil into your still damp skin. You can then apply your usual moisturiser if you wish. Go into your day or evening with grace and gratitude. This relaxing ritual is best done two to three times a week or every day if your skin needs extra nourishment and protection. Can be used morning or evenings
WE ONLY LET THE GOOD LIGHT IN
Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil is packaged in specially crafted MIRON Violet Glass bottles, which prolongs the potency of the oil blend. Plants need sunshine to grow and to activate their vital properties, but once those plant actives are extracted, light becomes damaging. Miron Violet Glass blocks the complete spectrum of visible light with the exception of the violet part, which energises rather than decays the oils. In essence, these beautiful deep violet bottles are care for your skin by letting the good light in and keeping the harmful light out.
FEEDBACK ABOUT BESTOW NOURISHING FACIAL OIL
Alison Wit | Limespa Beauty
I love, love, love the Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil! I have never tried a facial oil before and enjoy the fact that it is a thicker consistency compared to other concentrates. It’s a wonderful product to use in the colder weather as I feel it protects the skin barrier beautifully. I love the earthy smell from all the botanical ingredients. Soaking my skin before using it made it really easy to massage the oil into my skin, leaving it feeling soft, supple and really nourished. I will continue using the oil myself and will definitely recommend it to clients.
Janice Maclean | Janice Maclean Natural Beauty CareI believe everyone should use a facial oil regularly to nurture their skin. I know I definitely feel a difference in my skin when I do. The Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil is a beautiful oil with a delicate fragrance that penetrates into your skin without leaving an oily residue. It nourishes your skin whilst you sleep. I noticed my skin felt soft and replenished the morning after an evening application. This is a lovely treat for your skin two evenings each week.
Kathryn Overall | Engage Communications
I am really enjoying the Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil. Every time I massage it into my skin I think of all the botanical goodness it contains and I feel that I am doing myself a real favour! I am working to clear congestion in my skin at the moment and even though the oil feels rich and nourishing it hasn’t caused any breakouts. I have come to really value the skin soaking ritual - the warmth and softness of the cloth against my skin has come to represent self-care as well as skin-care for me. The subtle, sweet fragrance enhances the process and makes this a lovely part of my routine.
Sheryl Nicholson | The Huia Tree
I love how healthy and replenished my skin feels since I began using the Bestow Nourishing Facial Oil. People often remark now on how good my skin looks. Recently, I went away for a few days and forgot to take my oil with me. I really missed it! My skin just didn’t feel the same. I am now in the habit of doing the skin soaking ritual before applying the facial oil every morning and night. It has become an important, integrated part of my routine that I really enjoy. I will happily recommend this product to my friends as I feel that it is important at our age to do the best we can for our skin.