BESTOW KICK-START SMOOTHIE
A breakfast smoothie is a delicious way to kick-start the day nutritionally and super-easy to make.
This smoothie recipe includes protein to sustain your energy throughout the morning. Naturally, it includes the Twin Skin Essentials (Bestow Beauty Oil and Bestow Beauty Powder) and you can also add any other Bestow blends you are using.
White beans are an amazing way to provide your smoothie with a creamy texture and a protein hit. Adding protein to a smoothie allows your body to stay full for longer and using beans is a skin-friendly way of doing this. Many protein powders and other protein products that are used in smoothies are congesting to the skin and just 1/4 cup of white beans provides you with the protein you need without causing you to break out.
Creaminess is essential to a tasty smoothie and we find avocado is one of the best ways to do this as well as providing a serving of healthy fats for your body, keeping it full for longer. The chia seeds in the smoothie are bound to keep you full providing the body with fibre to help with gut health.
- 250 ml of liquid (such as water, coconut water, almond milk or coconut milk)
- 1/4 cup of cannelini beans (drained)
- 1-2 medjool dates (or 2 teaspoons of honey or rice syrup)
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1/4 of a ripe avocado (optional)
- 1 tablespoon of Bestow Beauty Oil
- 1 dessertspoon of Bestow Beauty Powder
- 1 good handful of spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- 6 fresh mint leaves (optional)
Blend well, enjoy!