RAW CHOCOLATE MOUSSE TORTE
This torte is full of cacao, the raw, unprocessed form of chocolate offering a wealth of antioxidants that neutralise skin-damaging free radicals. It is also rich in many essential skin vitamins and minerals like vitamin B complex, copper, calcium and zinc.
- 4-6 very ripe avocados
- 1 cup of raw cacao
- ½ cup of agave or maple syrup or a few drops of liquid stevia to sweeten
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- ½ to ¾ of a cup water, added slowly to get consistency of mousse
- ½ cup of coconut oil, melted (optional)
- 1 dessertspoon of Bestow Beauty Oil
- 1 vanilla pod scraped (optional)
- ½ cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 cups of pecans
- ¼ cup of cacao powder
- 2 tablespoon of coconut oil
- ¼ cup of organic maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon of Himalayan or sea salt
Base method Oil a 7–10 inch springform pan and line it with a circle of baking paper. Blend the pecans until crumbly (keep them a bit chunky) in a food processor. Add in the rest of the base ingredients and blend until just mixed. Press the mixture firmly and evenly into the pan with slightly wet fingers. Pop into freezer to set while making the mousse.
Mousse method Blend all ingredients in a food processor except for the blueberries. Scatter the blueberries over the base and then spread the mousse mixture over the top and allow to sit in the fridge for an hour before serving.