10 REASONS TO USE OILS IN YOUR SKINCARE
If a worldwide trend is anything to go by, using every day oils like coconut oil and jojoba oil on your skin has taken over every woman’s skincare regime by becoming their holy grail product over hundreds of ‘cult beauty’ (and by that we mean expensive) items in their bathroom cabinet. With intense moisturising benefits and its seemingly forever lasting formula, the discovery of using oils for reasons other than cooking have remedied millions for copious skincare conditions and concerns. Here’s how you can use oils in your skincare routine every day:
- CALMS ECZEMA – People with eczema are much more prone to dryness as their skin does not produce as much sebum, and is less able to retain moisture. Using oils on your face or areas of concern help to heal with their anti-inflammatory properties and restore a compromised skin barrier. Tamanu Seed Oil has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and skin healing properties, and it is the most unusual oil as it can deeply penetrate the skin, providing extra hydrating to dry, red skin.
- SOOTHES SORE LIPS – Dry lips can be extremely painful, and sometimes your regular moisturiser just. Does. Not. Cut. It. Massaging in a nourishing oil like Sandalwood Essential Oil is beneficial to hydrating your lips, perfect for those with dry, dehydrated skin. You will start to see an inherent difference in a few days of this.
- SOFTENS CUTICLES – Rich in vitamins and antioxidants, oils are essential for beautiful skin, hair and nails. Oils such as jojoba which has antifungal and antibacterial properties, and avocado which deeply hydrates skin, add an extra protection against nail infections and keep them nourished 24/7.
- BALANCES OILY SKIN – Often when skin is stripped of natural sebum (like using different cleansers that are too harsh and non-pH cleansers), your sebaceous glands can go into overdrive, which leads to oil overproduction and (shudder) breakouts. Rose Geranium Essential Oil is wonderful for balancing the oil production in your skin, making it valuable for treating oily or dry skin.
- RELIEVES PSORIASIS – As well as being a natural skin softener, oils like French Lavender Essential Oil have strong skin soothing and healing properties that can help with conditions like psoriasis. For skin flare ups, you can simply apply these oils to the area, and the powerful properties within the oil will assist in cooling and calming inflamed skin.
- PREVENTS COLD SORES – Applying oils to a cold sore will quickly mix with the skin sebum and block the flow of oxygen to the virus, like Calendula Oil which speeds healing, reduces inflammation and improves epidermal differentiation.
Luckily, Bestow Beauty’s Nourishing Facial Oil contains all of these oils into one powerful super-blend, perfect for all skin types and conditions.
The Nourishing Facial Oil contains 12 botanical oils which have phospholipids and glycolipids, which are natural constituents of beautiful skin and good water-binding agents, making the product perfect for enhancing optimal barrier functions of the skin. Together, the 12 oils that exist in the Nourishing Facial Oil form a powerful blend that supports the skin’s barrier function, moisture levels and supply many vital nutrients that are needed topically.